Tech Support Specialist (Part Time-20hrs weekly)
Works under the direction of the IT Operations Supervisor; provides phone, email, and inperson support to system staff and member libraries; analyzes and resolves hardware, software, and
networking/communication problems; assists in managing library websites; provides
documentation/training on technical issues, assists in managing server and network equipment, provides
technical advice to member libraries and System staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides phone, email, and in-person training/support to member libraries on a variety of
hardware, software, networking, and website issues.
- Visits libraries for emergency computer repairs and/or regular computer maintenance and
- Provides priority support for the System’s ILS and associated products.
- Follows through with vendors as necessary to solve support requests.
- Makes use of existing documentation, support systems, and assistance tools to best provide
service to system libraries.
- Analyzes and resolves equipment/software problems, prepares new and repaired
equipment/software for use or delivery; instructs usersin use of equipment/software installation,
documents work as necessary.
- Creates and edits content on a variety of websites in accordance with staff and member library
requests. Assists in the development and design of System and library websites.
- Creates and edits technical documentation for member libraries and system staff on a diverse
range of topics including software installation/usage/support, mobile device usage, basic
troubleshooting, and administrative process. Assists in the creation and preparation of reports
on website usage, ILS research, and other topics. Assists IT Operations Supervisor and other
staff with technical research as requested.
- Performs routine, day-to-day hardware and software maintenance as assigned, and assists in
proper upkeep and utilization of systems. Assists IT Operations Supervisor and other technical
staff with server administration and network maintenance as requested.
- Demonstrates initiative and judgment in proactively improving technology throughout the
system and at our member libraries. Supports IT Operations Supervisor and other technical staff
- Follows, maintains and assists in the implementation of all security policies, procedures, and
technical measures. Performs all work mindful of physical and informational security risks.
Reports any and all security risks or potential security risks to the IT Operations Supervisor, or
Executive Director as appropriate.
- Participates in and promotes ‘green’ initiatives including, but not limited to, proper recycling
and energy conservation.
Benefits: MHLS offers a strong benefits package including PTO, paid holidays, 403B plan, professional development opportunities, access to the NYS Local Retirement System and an Employee Assistance Program.
To view the full job description: click here.
To apply: Please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org