Job Listings | Resume, Interview & Application Help | Researching Companies & Careers
Veterans Resources | Unemployment | More Information
- Where can I search
online for local jobs?
- Newspaper Job Listings
- Regional Job Banks
- Where can I find national jobs listings?
- How do I find out about internships?
Resume, Interview & Application Help
- Where can I find an
online form or template to help me write a resume?
- How can I get live one-on-one online help with a job coach?
- Where can I get the
schedule for NYS Civil Service exams?
- How can I get test preparation
information and practice tests for civil service and military entrance
exams; licensing tests for law enforcement, real estate, the postal service,
and other fields?
- Where can I find interview
questions and answers to prepare for my upcoming interview?
- Where are the local offices for the NYS Department of Labor?
Researching Companies & Careers
- Where can I research jobs & careers?
- How can I find information
about a company I am interviewing with?
- Where do I find out about NY State licensing of professions?
- Where do I find information on becoming a New York Notary Public?
- Does New York State have a program for giving military veterans any special employment assistance in return for having served their country?
- Yes. The New York State Department of Labor's commitment to veterans is stated in the 'Veterans Bill of Rights.' Eligible veterans must have been discharged or released from active duty with other than a dishonorable discharge. The Department of Labor's Veterans Program provides priority of service to eligible special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam Era, disabled veterans other than special disabled veterans, Campaign veterans and all other veterans and eligible persons, by giving them preference over non-veterans in the provision of employment and training services available, such as, registration, counseling, referral to supportive services, and job development.
- Where can I find additional job and career resources that are targeted to veterans?
- NYS Division of Veterans' Affairs - Veteran Employment:. Includes job search tools, training resources, and useful links for veterans looking to start their own business.
- VeteranEmployment.com: In partnership with Monster.com, veterans, active duty, guard and reserve can search for thousands of jobs for veterans from employers who value military experience. Plus a special section for security clearance jobs.
- NYS 4 VETS: New York State for Veterans, Inc. is a Non-for-Profit organization which provides counseling and employment assistance services to honorably discharged veterans seeking meaningful employment in their communities.
- Additional resources may be available from the Division of Veterans Services in each county. They work with each veteran individually to ensure they and their families receive the maximum benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs and other agencies at all levels of government.
- I am recently unemployed. What do I need to know?
- How can I find out about employment laws and standards?
- How do I know if I am being treated ethically at work?
- What do I need to know about Workmans' Compensation?
- Where can I find information about occupational safety & health?