Where to Go | Local Trips | How do I... | Driving | Flying | Online Deals | Traveling Out of The Country
- Does the library carry travel
guides like Fodors or Lonely Planet?
- Does the library have travel videos like the Rick Steves' series?
- Does the library have current travel magazines I can read?
- How can I get the information offered by Chambers of Commerce and Visitor Bureaus?
- Where can I find kid-friendly vacation ideas?
- How do I find out about
local attractions I could do as a day trip?
can I find hiking & rail trails in the area?
- How can I find the good hiking and biking trails in New York?
How do I...
- I'm going away for 3 weeks, how do I stop my mail?
- How do I find a good hotel?
- How do I know if I need travel insurance?
- Where can I get driving directions online?
- We are driving to Niagara Falls, does the library have books on CD or downloadable audiobooks we could listen to on our trip?
- What do I need to know before going through security at the airport?
- Information from the Transportation Security Administration on:
- Tips for Travelers from the Department of Homeland Security
- What are some good sites to use when booking a trip online?
- Which travel sites will give me a discount?
Traveling Out of The Country
- How do I know if it is safe
to travel to a country outside of the United States?
- I'm planning a vacation
out of the country. Will I need any vaccinations? What health concerns should
I be aware of?
- How do I get a passport? Do I need a visa to enter a foreign country in addition to my passport?
- Where can I find help learning
the language of the country I'm going to be traveling to?
- Can I plug in my hair dryer
Additional Travel Information and Local Information through Useful Sites from the Central Reference Library of
the Mid-Hudson Library System.
More Quick Answers: Smart Buying | Healthy Living | Travel | Personal Finance | Business & Legal | Find a Job | Find Colleges & Educational Programs
Contact your local library with questions or comments, and to locate additional library materials.
Quick Answers was developed with funding from the New York State Library as part of the Gates Foundation "Staying Connected" Grant Program
Designed by the Mid-Hudson Library System and member libraries