Listed by Vendor
BRAINFUSE | CYPRESS RESUME | GALE CENGAGE LEARNING | GROLIER / SCHOLASTIC | LEARNING EXPRESS | MANGO LANGUAGES | NEXT READS | PROQUEST | TUMBLEBOOKS |
GALE CENGAGE LEARNING
- Contains over 13,000 peer-reviewed journals covering a wide variety of subjects. Full text is available for over 6,000 journals.
- Fact Sheet
- Title List
- Contains over 3,900 magazines and journals, nearly 25,000 industry reports, nearly 11,000 company histories and nearly 500,000 company profiles.
- Fact Sheet
- Contains almost 3,000 magazines and journals covering medicine, health and nursing, over 2,500 topical overviews, and videos of medical procedures.
- Fact Sheet
- Journal List
- Contains over 1,100 newspapers, 33 of which are New York State newspapers, including the Albany Times Union, New York Times, Newsday, Buffalo News, Post-Standard (Syracuse), Watertown Daily Times, Times Herald-Record (Middletown) and others.
- Contains indexing of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Christian Science Monitor, Los Angeles Times, USA Today and The Washington Post.
covering today's hottest social issues, from Offshore Drilling to Climate Change, Health Care to Immigration. Helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
- Fact Sheet
- Experience the Interface:
- Guided Tutorials:
- Guided Tutorials
- Titles we have
- UXL Encyclopedia of Science
- Encyclopedia of World Biography: Vol. 24 (2005) | Vol. 25 (2005) | Vol. 6 (2006) | Vol. 27 (2007)
- Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
- Encyclopedia of Population
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
- Grolier Online includes:
- Encyclopedia Americana: Articles include links to further readings, a bibliography, selected full text articles, web page links, and links to related articles. Includes maps, flags, tables and illustrations.
- Multimedia Encyclopedia: For upper middle school students through adults. Includes encyclopedia articles, news, timelines, quizzes and games, and research starters. It also includes an atlas and dictionary. Articles can be grouped by lexile level and are aligned to standards.
- New Book of Knowledge: For middle grade students. Includes literary selections, a timeline, projects and experiments, news, homework help and more.
- Amazing Animals of the World: For elementary school students. Includes facts and photos for over 1,200 animals.
- America the Beautiful: For elementary and middle school students. Includes articles on US cities, states and Presidents.
- Lands and Peoples: For middle and high school students. Includes articles on countries, cultures and current events. It also includes an atlas and almanacs.
- The New Book of Popular Science: For middle and high school students. Includes articles in the areas of science, technology and medicine. Also includes photos, maps and technical illustrations.
- La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre: A Spanish language encyclopedia written from a Latin American perspective. Includes timelines, maps and an events calendar.
- Online Atlas
- Roget's II: The New Thesaurus
- American Heritage Children's Thesaurus
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
- American Heritage Student Dictionary
- American Heritage Children's Dictionary
- American Heritage English to Spanish Dictionary
- American Heritage Spanish to English Dictionary
- eLibrary Elementary
Gannett Newsstand Complete
- Contains over 85 Gannett newspapers, 6 of which are New York newspapers. These include the Ithaca Journal, Poughkeepsie Journal, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, Journal News (White Plains), Press and Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton) and Star-Gazette (Elmira).
- An online collection of animated,
talking picture books
What do the icons mean?
- Provided by the New York State Library, NOVELNY is a Statewide Internet Library connecting New Yorkers to 21st Century information. NOVELNY is supported with temporary federal Library Services and Technology Act funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- Funded through MHLS/Central Library Development Aid/member library funds.
- Made available through the Southeastern New York Library Resources Council which is funded by New York State.