Listed by Vendor
BRAINFUSE | GALE CENGAGE LEARNING | SCHOLASTIC GO! | MANGO LANGUAGES | NEXT READS | PROQUEST | TUMBLEBOOKS
GALE CENGAGE LEARNING
- Contains company profiles, industry reports and financial reports, as well as business magazines and newspapers.
- Fact Sheet
- Provides full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus a variety of personal health information sources
- Fact Sheet
- Journal List
This full-text newspaper database provides access to more than 1,100 major U.S. regional, national and local newspapers as well as leading titles from around the world. It also includes 25 New York State Newspapers (including The New York Times, The New York Sun, The New York Observer, The New York Post and Newsday).
- Provides indexing (1977 to present) of America's top five newspapers: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Christian Science Monitor, Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post . Indexing only.
- Contains a range of perspectives on many important issues, with over 13,000 pro/con viewpoints. Includes a variety of resource types: reference, news, primary sources, multimedia and more.
- Fact Sheet
- Experience the Interface:
- Guided Tutorials:
- Guided Tutorials
- Titles we have
- UXL Encyclopedia of Science
- Encyclopedia of World Biography: Vol. 24 (2005) | Vol. 25 (2005) | Vol. 6 (2006) | Vol. 27 (2007)
- Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
- Encyclopedia of Population
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
SCHOLASTIC GO! (formerly Grolier Online)
- Scholastic Go! includes:
- Encyclopedia Americana: Articles include links to further readings, a bibliography, selected full text articles, web page links, and links to related articles. Includes maps, flags, tables and illustrations.
- Multimedia Encyclopedia: For upper middle school students through adults. Includes encyclopedia articles, news, timelines, quizzes and games, and research starters. It also includes an atlas and dictionary. Articles can be grouped by lexile level.
- New Book of Knowledge: For middle grade students. Includes literary selections, a timeline, projects and experiments, news, homework help and more.
- Amazing Animals of the World: For elementary school students. Includes facts and photos for over 1,200 animals.
- America the Beautiful: For elementary and middle school students. Includes articles on US cities, states and Presidents.
- Lands and Peoples: For middle and high school students. Includes articles on countries, cultures and current events. It also includes an atlas and almanacs.
- The New Book of Popular Science: For middle and high school students. Includes articles in the areas of science, technology and medicine. Also includes photos, maps and technical illustrations.
- La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre: A Spanish language encyclopedia written from a Latin American perspective. Includes timelines, maps and an events calendar.
- Online Atlas
- Roget's II: The New Thesaurus
- American Heritage Children's Thesaurus
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- American Heritage Student Dictionary
- American Heritage Children's Dictionary
- American Heritage English to Spanish Dictionary
- American Heritage Spanish to English Dictionary
- eLibrary Elementary
Gannett Newsstand Complete
- Contains over 85 Gannett newspapers, 6 of which are New York newspapers: the Poughkeepsie Journal, Ithaca Journal, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, Journal News (White Plains), Press and Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton) and Star-Gazette (Elmira).
- An online collection of animated,
talking picture books
What do the icons mean?
- Provided by the New York State Library, NOVELNY is a Statewide Internet Library connecting New Yorkers to 21st Century information. NOVELNY is supported with temporary federal Library Services and Technology Act funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- Funded through MHLS/Central Library Development Aid/member library funds.
- Made available through the Southeastern New York Library Resources Council which is funded by New York State.