MHLS Central Library / Collection Development Advisory Committee meeting
March 17, 2006

Attending: Jim Cosgrove, Josh Cohen, Tom Lawrence, Sue Hermans, Greg Callahan, Gloria Goverman, Luisa Sabin-Kildiss, John Georghiou, Merribeth Advocate, Pat Kaufman.
Not attending: Sally Alderdice, Patti Haar.

Minutes

Next meeting 10am June 21, 2006


Actions

  1. J. Cohen will ask P. Haar to be the 2006 committee chair.
  2. . T. Lawrence will extend the deadline of the 2005 Central Library Services Survey and remind people to send in their input. Will then develop a summary and report results at next meeting.
  3. MHLS staff will remove Recommended links from MHLS managed Kids web pages.
  4. M. Advocate will add the text of Services Offered by Central Library to the front section of Reference and Collection Development page of midhudson.org.
  5. T. Lawrence will bring the 2006 application to next meeting for review in preparation for 2007, including a spreadsheet of how money was spent in past few years - indicating trends.
  6. Committee will give the Core Competencies Quiz Draft sample questions to their staff as a validity test, and report back to the committee.
  7. S. Hermans will bring to the next meeting products to review for online children's reference where user will be staff or parent.
  8. J. Cohen will speak to ProQuest about price for renewing with possibility of locking in price through negotiating subscription for 2 or 3 years.
  9. L. Shedrick will see if Spanish Rotating Collection statistics can be pulled for each subscribing library through Course Reserves.
  10. J. Cohen will call Waldo about the Athens product to get price and info about whether this will satisfy our 'per-library' need for statistics.

Report to DA from the March 2006 meeting of the MHLS Central Library / Collection Development Advisory Committee

Merribeth Advocate