MHLS Central Library / Collection Development Advisory Committee meeting
June 21, 2006

Attending: Jim Cosgrove, Patti Haar, John Georghiou, Greg Callahan, Sue Hermans, Tom Lawrence, Sally Alderdice, Josh Cohen, Gloria Goverman, Pat Kaufman, Luisa Sabin-Kildiss, Merribeth Advocate.

Minutes from the 3.17.2006 meeting were approved by J. Cosgrove, seconded by G. Callahan. Action items were reviewed.

Athens: Authentication/tracking product. No longer represented through WALDO. Problem to solve: incorporate the library owned databases and HomeAccess databases into one authentication screen. Will look at this through Innovative.

Central Library Survey: 27 surveys returned = 41% of the system membership. (See Action 1)

Reference E-Newsletter:

Draft Core Competencies Quiz: This is to standardize the level of what staff knows.

Central Reference Library Budget Review and Service Plan:

Next meeting: July 11 work session, 10am in the MHLS Conference Room.

Actions:

  1. Committee asked for T. Lawrence to tabulate the survey results and compile the comments for the July work session.
  2. CL staff will produce a quarterly Reference E-Newsletter, with fall being the 1st issue.
  3. S. Hermans will refine the Core Competency Quiz and administer it as a pre-test for fall OPAC training.
  4. S. Hermans will put database trial information on the list serv so members can check out Book Collection: Nonfiction and Grolier Online.
  5. P. Haar will schedule a committee work session prior to the next quarterly committee meeting.

Merribeth Advocate