- 2014 Steering Committee Members:
- Columbia County: AnnaLee Giraldo, Kinderhook '14 (chair)
- Dutchess County: Gloria Goverman, East Fishkill '14
- Greene County: Linda Deubert, Coxsackie '14
- Putnam County: Carol Donick, Kent '15
- Ulster County: Frank Rees, Saugerties '15
- Submit a DA agenda item to the 2014 Steering Committee
- Current DA packet: Restricted to MHLS member libraries only. User name and password required. If you don't remember it, contact Merribeth Advocate at x254.
- Past DA
- Roundtrip Mileage to MHLS member libraries This chart is currently under review to ensure that the distances between Mid-Hudson and members libraries reflect the most reasonable and most direct travel route possible. The chart will be presented to the MHLS Board in September for approval and members library directors will have an opportunity to review it before then.
- 2013 Members Assessment (7-23-13)
- Database & Audio/eBook Cost Totals:
- 2013 Member Library Database Audio/eBook Costs updated 7/18/13
- Revised costs broken down by product. Includes costs of all collectively purchased databases & digital content: Chiltons, Gale TERC (Testing & Education Reference Center), Mango, OverDrive, Workforce Development (includes JobNow, Cypress Resume, Workforce Development for 21st Century Success from Learning Express)
- Original 2013 Member Library Database Audio/eBook Costs
- Totals by Year 2009 - 2013
- Total 2013: Costs broken down by product [MHLS DA approved 10/3/2012]. Included costs of collectively purchasing Chiltons, Gale Testing & Education, Heritage Quest (including Historical New York Times), Mango, NextReads, Syndetics, TumbleBooks and OverDrive.
- 2010 and 2011 Fee [MHLS DA endorsed 3/3/2009, MHLS
BOT approved 3/14/2009]
- Member Library Database & Audiobook Cost Totals 2011: Cost broken down by product [MHLS DA approved 6/4/2010]
Includes costs of all collectively purchased databases: Chiltons, Gale Testing & Education, HeritageQuest, Mango, Syndetics, TumbleBooks and the OverDrive subscription.
Advisory Committees : MHLS Advisory Committees discuss issues and make recommendations to the Directors Association. Membership for each of the five committees is chosen by each county's directors association. Committee membership terms are 4 years. To ensure leadership is present, terms are staggered so the entire committee will not roll over at one time. Committee chairs are elected by committee members annually at their last meeting of the year. There is a term limit of three (3) years as chair of a committee. One of the Advisory Committee Member Responsibilities is to decide at the meeting what to report at the monthly Director's Association meetings. Committee chairs send agenda items to the chair of the Director's Association. There are additional Responsibilities of the Advisory Committee Chair and Vice Chair .
- For the following four committees the membership is as follows: Columbia, Greene and Putnam Counties: 1 each; Dutchess and Ulster Counties: 2 each (one from a small library, one from a larger library). Half of the members in each committee have a term ending December 2013, and half will end December 2015.
- Central Library/ Collection Development Advisory Committee
- Continuing Education / Professional Development Advisory Committee
- Marketing Advisory Committee
- Resource Sharing Advisory Committee
- For the System Services Advisory Committee the membership is made up of 2 from each county.
Also, as mandated, MHLS coordinates both a Correctional Facilities Committee and an Outreach Services Committee .
For the most up-to-date meeting schedule check the MHLS web calendar .
| Contacts | Services
| Member Libraries
Board of Trustees | Web
Administration & Management
| Resource Sharing & Millennium
| Reference & Collection
Development | Library Programming
| Professional Development
| Marketing, Advocacy &
Funding | Youth
Services | Trustee Resources