|Collection Development Policy for MHLS Professional Collection|
The collection is designed to fill
the professional informational needs of member library directors, staff, trustees
and system staff by housing and making available for loan current print information,
that is not substantially available through existing electronic content, in
the areas of:
· Administration and management
· Reference and collection development
· Marketing, advocacy and funding
· Youth services
· Trustee support
Specific sub-areas of the collection are listed at http://midhudson.org/MHLS/professional_collection.htm.
This collection is not available for holds through the OPAC, in order to limit the use to the target audience. It is available by staff placed holds or through an online request to the MHLS ILL Department.
The collection will be evaluated
annually by MHLS senior staff:
· Circulation will be assessed, by category, through Millennium Management Reports
· Out-of-date materials will be weeded from the collection
· Additions to the collection will be based on system staff and users requests, budget permitting.
Professional journals: MHLS will keep the current year and one year back.
Home | Public Library Catalog | Calendar | Contacts | Services | Bulletins | Member Libraries | MHLS Board of Trustees | Web Site Index
Administration & Management | Resource Sharing & Millennium | Reference & Collection Development | Library Programming | Professional Development | Marketing, Advocacy & Funding | Youth Services | Trustee Resources