Journals & Online sites
Note that access to some of the links below is through HOMEACCESS:
- American Libraries: Magazine of the American Library Association
- Public Libraries Online: Public Libraries online is a complement to the printed journal that offers three
full articles from each issue of the printed edition as well as expanded content
exclusive to the web.
- Library Journal.com & Library Journal: Library management and book selection journal.
- Library Quarterly: Provides scholarly research in all areas of librarianship - historical, sociological, cultural, evaluative, statistical, bibliographical, managerial, and educational.
- Library and Information Science News
Stuff: from Information Today
- Library Hi Tech: Focuses upon computing and technology for the library community. It is
international in scope and defines technology in the broadest possible terms to
include the full range of tools employed by librarians and their customers.
- Library Media Connection: Provides articles, tips and ideas for day-to-day school library management and reviews of audiovisual aids and software, all written by school librarians.
- Library Philosophy and Practice: Publishes articles exploring the connection between library practice and the philosophy and theory behind it. These include explorations of current, past, and emerging theories of librarianship and library practice.
- Library Resources & Technical Services: A quarterly journal publishing scholarly articles on technical-service issues and trends for libraries, including bibliographic access and control, preservation, conservation, and reproduction of library materials. Aims to support practical aspects of acquisitions, collection management, serials, preservation, cataloging, and classification. The official publication of the Library Collections and Technical Services division of the American Library Association.
- Library Review: Journal dedicated to providing a communication link between researchers, educators and library professionals with contributions from libraries from all over the world, submitting their experiences, views and reports.
- Library Technology Reports: A bimonthly journal offering critical evaluations and assessments of information services technology and automation systems for libraries. Addresses current technology issues such as filtering software, metadata, enhanced assistive technologies, licensing agreements, and radio frequency identifiers. For library staff who plan, implement, and manage library technology.
- School Library Journal: For librarians who work with young people in schools and public libraries. Provides up-to-date information needed to integrate libraries into the school curriculum, become leaders in the areas of technology, reading, and information literacy, and create high-quality collections for children and young adults.
last updated: October 2010
| Contacts | Services
| Member Libraries
Board of Trustees | Web
Administration & Management
| Resource Sharing & Millennium
| Reference & Collection
Development | Library Programming
| Professional Development
| Marketing, Advocacy &
Funding | Youth
Services | Trustee Resources