Announcing the launch of the first MHLS Early Literacy Cohort Program! Twelve participating Mid-Hudson Library System member libraries have self-selected to receive additional support and resources to implement or strengthen early literacy related services in their library.
The MHLS Early Literacy Cohort Program is an opportunity for participating libraries, as part of their library’s long range/strategic planning, to work on building its capacity to provide early literacy services in their community based on best practices.
Cohort members will receive training in all five elements of the Ready to Read at New York Libraries: Early Childhood Public Library Staff Development Program:
- Early Literacy Community Asset Analysis
- Strengthening Young Families through Early Literacy Practices
- Strategies for Successful Partnerships and Outreach to Families with Young Children
- Early Learning Spaces
- Everyone Serves Families with Young Children
- Beekman Library
- Julia L. Butterfield Memorial Library
- Clinton Community Library
- Hudson Area Association Library
- Marlboro Free Library
- Mountain Top Library
- NorthEast-Millerton Library
- Patterson Library
- Philmont Public Library
- Plattekill Public Library
- Poughkeepsie Public Library District
- Roeliff Jansen Community Library
The Cohort will run until December 2017. A 2nd MHLS Early Literacy Cohort will begin, with a new group of 12 libraries, in January 2018.
This program is funded by NYS Family Literacy Funds.