- About MHLS
- Member Libraries
- For the Public
Be an activist. Join hundreds of library advocates from around the state in Albany. MHLS makes the day easy. We make the appointments with legislators for you. We organize bus transportation to Albany. We just ask that you join us in fighting to restore library aid. Your voice matters!
Step 1: Sign up for Library Advocacy Day
Option 1: Drive yourself to Albany
– Directions & Parking Information
– Meet up location LOB 120. Map of the Empire State Plaza
– Shared schedule of appointments will be emailed to you before TBD (You must register through the MHLS online calendar to receive this email)
– Consider coming up the day before, for Pre-Advocacy Day there are workshops and gatherings of like minded folks!
Option 2: Take the Bus to Albany
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THE BUS
– Register through the Ramapo Catskill Library System (RCLS)
– Make checks ($5 per person, non-refundable) payable to “RCLS” and send to Ruth Daubenspeck/RCLS, 619 Route 17M, Middletown, NY 10940-4395
Registration & Payment Deadline: TBD
– West Nyack 6:45 a.m. (Palisades Center)
– Newburgh 7:30 a.m. (Newburgh Mall)
– Wurtsboro 7:30 a.m. (Route 17 Exit 113 Park & Ride)
– New Paltz 7:45 a.m. (Thruway Exit 18 Parking Lot)
– Kingston 8:15 a.m. (Thruway Exit 19 Park & Ride)
– Catskill 8:40 a.m. (Thruway Exit 21 Park & Ride)
PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE
Refreshments, advocacy information and schedule of appointments will be provided on the bus.
Bus leaves Albany at 3:30 pm.
No one is born a library advocate but everyone has a story to tell. Brush up on the basics with these resources:
Learn about the Real People. Real Dollars. campaign and how your library can participate!
Questions? Contact Kerstin Cruger, MHLS Library Sustainability Associate & Communications Specialist: email@example.com or 845.471.6060 ext. 250