Support Your Public Library
Your Public Library and its Friends work hard to provide quality library services to our community.
Here are some ways you can help us achieve our mission.
- Donate by credit card: Donate today using by using PayPal, a safe and secure way to use your credit card to make a financial donation to the library:
- Donate by check: Checks can be made out to “Your Public Library” and mailed to the library at Your Public Library, 123 Reader Ave., Library, NY 11111 along with the donation form. Or drop it off at the library, we’d love to thank you in person!
- Bequests: [left blank purposefully, it is important to discuss this option with a lawyer and your accountant to make sure your library can adequately advertise for a bequests]
- Stocks: [left blank purposefully, it is important to discuss this option with a lawyer and your accountant to make sure your library can adequately advertise for and handle a gift of stock]
Donation of Goods
- Library Wish List – the library maintains a Wish List on Amazon.com. Here you can buy exactly what we need to maximize our budget and have it sent directly to the library.
- The Library uses the donation of books, CDs, and movies in good condition in various ways, including placing them in the current Library collection and/or passing them on to the Friends of the Library who use the books for their popular Used Book Sales.
- Proceeds from the book sales are then given back to the Library by means of donations, equipment, continuing employee education and much more. Either way all donations directly benefit the Library and the community! Please be aware that all donations become the property of the Library to use as the Library deems fit.Please read our donation policy to find out how you can best help the library in this way – our Friends and volunteers work hard to pull off our book sales and by following our policy for donated materials will make their job easier.
- Have anything else to donate? Storage space? A birthday or wedding gift that would make a great raffle item for the library? Contact the Library Director to let us know.
The library welcomes volunteers. Our volunteer program involves jobs for all interest, time and energy levels! Here are just a few of the roles you could play at the library:
- Greeter: help make people feel welcome at library programs and events
- Shelf Reading: help us keep the books in order!
- Technology Assistants: help patrons patrons who are new to computer or the Internet (training provided)
- Story Hour Helpers: Read to children, assist with craft projects
- Book Sale Support: sorter, pre-sale preparation, day-of-sale support
Contact the Library Director for more information about how you can volunteer at the library.
Become A Friend
Every library needs Friends! The Friends of Your Public Library is a nonprofit group of book-loving community members who strive to foster a greater realization of the importance of the Library to the community. Like you, the Friends appreciate the privileges of a fine Public Library and work to supplement its needs for books, materials, equipment, and programs.
Exciting things happen when Friends work together. Our big events are the very popular Friends Annual Used Book Sales held throughout the year. The community response to past book sales has been fantastic! Your membership dues and the proceeds of our book sales supplement your tax dollars by providing additional books, materials, and programming.
Membership has its benefits. Upon becoming a Friend you are entitled to receive a roomy tote bag, a discount on the cost of the fall bus tour, and personal invitations to the Friends annual meeting, reception, and programs.
So join the Friends today. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts help support the Your Public Library as one of our community’s premier educational and cultural institutions. It’s easy to join. Simply attach a check to the application and mail it or drop it off at the Library.
You may contact the Friends at 555.555.5555, Ext.555 or via E-mail.
Friends Membership & Donation Form
Buy gifts, books and more at The Library Shop to benefit Your Public Library: