Snapshot Day 2015: NYLA is holding its fifth annual “SnapShotNY: A Day in the Life of a Library” initiative Tuesday, January 20 through Monday, February 9. Pick a day to take photos and videos of activities in your library, and to collect sample data on library usage. How do people use library services on a typical day? Document your library — how busy and how essential your library is with statistics, pictures, videos and user comments?
Ready to join? Pick a date and collect statistics on:
1. How many patron visits?
2. How many people used your public computers?
3. How many reference questions did your staff answer?
4. How many children participated in programs (including school visits as well as library-sponsored programs)?
5. How many adults participated in programs?
6. What was the total circulation for the day?
7. How many hits did your website receive?
8. Please provide any quotes from your patrons regarding their usage of the library. Please include the patron’s name, (age if a minor), and home town.
Deadline for submitting all data – stats, photos and video – is Friday, February 13, 2015.
- About MHLS
- Member Libraries
- For the Public