Do you have 10 minutes this week to devote to speaking up for state aid for libraries? Dozens of your fellow library advocates are traveling to Albany this week to speak with legislators and help them help us fight the Governor’s proposed cuts to library aid, but EVERYONE can help this week. Carve out 10 minutes to do “One Act of Advocacy” to support the statewide effort this week:
- Call your state representatives’ Albany office and let them know how you feel about the Governor’s proposed cut to library aid. Contact info for legislators is available at midhudson.org
- Send a letter via email through the New York Library Association’s Online Advocacy Center
- Help someone else send a letter through the Online Advocacy Center
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, NYLA has drafted one to help get you started
- Participate in Virtual Advocacy Day: http://bit.ly/2lKjtaw Use of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the word out about #NYLALAD17 Don’t forget to tag your legislators so they can see the level of interest among their constituents when it comes to supporting libraries!