Trustees have two opportunities to attend the Advanced Level Trustee Education: Strategic Thinking: Advocacy & Planning workshop.
- Saturday, May 4th | 9:30AM – 12:30PM | Kinderhook Memorial Library
- Tuesday, May 21st | 5:30 – 8:30PM | MHLS Auditorium
This advanced-level course is for trustees who have been on the board for at least a year. It is recommended that trustees have already attended the Trustee Essentials workshop prior to this one.
In this workshop trustees will:
- Come to better understand the perception of libraries in today’s world;
- Work to identify community stakeholders; discuss effective community engagement techniques; and receive an overview of responsive planning opportunities; and
- Receive an introduction to key advocacy strategies
Presented by Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, MHLS Executive Director & Casey Conlin, MHLS Library Sustainability Coordinator