The next New Directors Forum will take place on Tuesday, June 11th from 12:30 – 2:30pm after the DA meeting. This session’s topic will be Successful Budget Votes presented by MHLS Executive Director, Rebekkah Smith Aldrich.
This event is designed for MHLS library directors who have been in their position for three (3) years or less to give you the opportunity to meet with others dealing with similar situations and to find answers and contacts to help you in your day-to-day life at the library.
At this workshop we will cover:
- A review of the different types of votes
- An introduction to the four phases of a vote campaign
- Best practices from the perspective of experienced directors through a panel discussion
- Carol Fortier, Beekman Library
- Jen McCreery, Desmond-Fish Library (Garrison)
- Teresa McGuirk, Clinton Community Library
- Gillian Thorpe, Julia L. Butterfield Memorial Library (Cold Spring)
Please register for this workshop through the online calendar http://calendar.midhudson.org/