REALM Update: Five items have been selected for Round 2 of Battelle lab testing to examine the length of time the COVID-19 virus may live on the surface of these porous materials. The results from test set 2 are expected to be released in late July 2020.
The items to be tested are:
- braille paper pages (closed in the book)
- glossy paper pages (closed in the book)
- magazine pages (closed in the magazine)
- children’s board books (closed in the book)
- archival folders (stacked together)
For more on the scope, timeline, and committees involved with #REALMproject, visit oc.lc/realm-project.