The MHLS Board met on Wednesday December 15th. Highlights of the meeting included:
- The passage of resolutions in recognition of the departure of two MHLS Trustees, Lisa Baker Brill, who is wrapping up her second and final term on the board, and Michele Ment, who is leaving the board a bit early due to a planned move out of Putnam County.
- The approval of the 2022 Budget.
- The announcement of funding for a second year of funding for The Library of Local Project.
- The renewal of the employment contract with MHLS Executive Director, Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, for five years.
- Approval of the MHLS Capital Plan, which will prioritize decarbonization projects for 2022.
- Approval of the 2022-2026 Action Plan.
- A report on the board’s first annual self-evaluation.
- Identification of the 2022 goals for the MHLS Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Working Group.
- Approval of the Free Direct Access Plan for submission to the New York State Division of Library Development.
- The board received an orientation on the topic of information literacy.
The board’s next meeting is on Tuesday, January 11th, 2022. All documents from the board packet are publicly available at https://board.midhudson.org/