All consultations are free of charge and customizable upon conferring with MHLS staff. Consultations must be requested by either the library director or, for board consultations, the board president.
Sierra & Cataloging (ILS)
- MHLS Workflow Consultations are designed to provide an evaluation of your ILS (Sierra) related procedures – front desk operations, cataloging, and more – as well as best practice guidance for library directors and their staff. Please use the Workflow Consulting Request Form to start planning.
- OverDrive Marketplace Training: Please contact Nina Acosta, MHLS Data Operations Supervisor
Directors & Boards of Trustees
- New Director “Office Hours”: Great for new directors looking for answers, advice, or a shoulder to cry on…
- Trustee Essentials: An overview of trustee roles and responsibilities customized for your board.
- Sustainable Funding Options: An overview of your library’s type and sustainable funding options
- Planning for Success / Strategic Planning: Community-based planning is the only way to move your library forward. Connecting community priorities with library service and outreach plans is a great way to build support for your library and meet the community’s needs. Find out how your board can become highly responsive to the community you serve and how to streamline board decision-making through planning. See Also: MHLS Turning Outward Program
- Winning Your Vote: Best practices for helping to inspire residents to vote yes on the library budget or building referendum
- An introduction to Sustainable Thinking: How to integrate use of the Triple Bottom Line of financial stewardship, social equity, and environmental stewardship into library governance and operations
- Friends Groups 101: Get the basics about Friends – what they do, who they are, how they operate.
- Fundraising and Your Library: Basics and Best Practices, including fundraising ideas that work.
For all Director and Board Consultation Inquiries Contact: Casey Conlin, MHLS Library Sustainability Coordinator for at email@example.com | 845.471.6060 x260