The State budget includes a temporary (2014-2016) state financed property tax freeze rebate. Libraries that fall under the tax cap are potentially eligible to trigger a rebate for their taxpayers if they meet certain criteria*
Property Tax Freeze Criteria: An eligible library (meaning one that falls under the tax cap) is able to trigger a rebate for taxpayers if:
- Year 1: Fiscal Year (FY) starting in 2015
- Library must not exceed the tax cap.
- Year 2: Fiscal Year (FY) starting in 2016
- Library must not exceed the tax cap AND
- Library must develop a Government Efficiency Plan or Shared Services Plan that must be approved by the NYS Division of Budget
For more information about developing a Government Efficiency Plan please visit the NYS Division of Budget’s web site.