The MHLS Resource Sharing Advisory Committee recommends that at least 1 person per library attend this data entry training session to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the shared Sierra database. This workshop will be beneficial for any staff responsible for entering brief bibliographic records in Sierra:
New Location Added for Data Entry: How Brief is Too Brief Workshop: This workshop is being held in five locations this month, now including a session at the Philmont Library.
- Wednesday, November 4 from 10:00am-12:00pm in the MHLS Auditorium (105 Market St., Poughkeepsie 12601)
- Friday, November 6 from 10:15am-12:15pm at the Saugerties Public Library (91 Washington Ave., Saugerties 12477)
- Thursday, November 12 from 10:00am-12:00pm in the MHLS Auditorium (105 Market St., Poughkeepsie 12601)
- Tuesday, November 17 from 10:15am-12:15pm at the Philmont Public Library (101 Main St., Philmont 12565)
- Friday, November 20 from 10:15am-12:15pm at the Kent Public Library (17 Sybil’s Crossing, Kent Lakes 10512).
Learning Objectives: In this workshop, attendees will have the opportunity to see the whole cataloging process – from brief bib record through item record creation. Special emphasis will be placed on the requirements and best practices for staff adding records to Sierra.
The workshop will cover:
- What the MHLS Cataloging Department does –step-by-step
- What information you need to provide in the brief record
- Best practices for ensuring an accurate catalog for everyone
All sessions will be presented by Nina Acosta, MHLS Cataloging Specialist II. Please register online for the session of your choice: http://calendar.midhudson.org